Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Can I mix and match vests with suits?

I have a formal event coming up, and the typical dress for guys is a simple black or navy two or three button suit, but I can%26#039;t stand to wear something so plain.





I want to either get a three piece suit (suggestions on where would be great) or I want to know just how well I can maybe mix and match a vest with a suit.





I was thinking of doing something like a light/neutral colored suit maybe a khaki to light tan color with brown shoes, and then wearing a light colored vest and tie underneath, like a yellow or light orange. Is it okay if the vest is not made from the same material as the jacket and pants? I know in traditional three piece suits they are.





Any suggestions on places to shop would be great, I%26#039;m around zip code 94305, and had no luck when I called the chains like Joseph A. Bank or Men%26#039;s Wearhouse, and Macy%26#039;s says they sell suit separates and vests.

Can I mix and match vests with suits?
Macy%26#039;s or Penny%26#039;s or any of those chain stores, for that matter you could probably get the pants from Wal-mart. As far as mix match suit just make sure the texture is somewhat the same. Look at a 3 piece suit (you%26#039;ll see what I mean) the vests aren%26#039;t always the same materials as the rest of the suit but the textures will either compliment each other or they will be similar looking. You can even put a silk vest with a %26quot;burly%26quot; textured suit but I would never do vice versa.



tax credit

No comments:

Post a Comment